Heart attack, medically known as Myocardial Infarction, is the sudden stoppage of the heart due to death or damage to a large part of the heart muscles known as myocardium. It is widely acknowledged that heart related conditions (cardiovascular diseases) are the number one cause of death and disability.
Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death. Men have a greater risk of heart attack at a younger age than women. But the risk increases for women as they near menopause and, eventually, surpasses that of men.
Followings are some early heart attack symptoms :-
(1) Uncomfortable pressure, fullness, squeezing, or painful sensation in the chest lasting more than a few minutes. Please note that the painfulness may go away temporary but will go back evenly as dreadful if not more painful.
(2) The pain often spreads to the shoulders, neck, jaw or arms.
(3) People suffering from a heart attack will feel both chest discomfort and light headedness which often lead to fainting.
(4) Sweating, nausea and vomiting are common.
(5) Shortness of breath.
(6) Apprehension, anxiousness and despondence.
(7)Discomfort in other areas of the upper body.
(8) Pain or discomfort in one or both arms.
(9) Pain or discomfort in the back
We can decrease our risk of heart attack by changing our lifestyle in the following:-
(1) Cholesterol Levels:-
Avoid saturated fat, eat fewer calories, and try to eat foods rich in fiber, such as vegetables and fruits. If your cholesterol is very high, drugs to lower it may be an option for you.
(2) Doctor Advice for Aspirin:-
We have to talk with related doctor about daily intake of aspirin which may reduce our risk of heart attack by thinning our blood and preventing clots from forming. Because aspirin is not safe for everyone.
Regular exercise is good for you because it helps reduce stress, cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, and excess weight, and it can make your heart stronger, leading to a lower pulse rate.
(4) In our all day busy routines, we have to spend some time for relaxation to reduce heart attacks.
(5) Blood Pressure Control is also one of the very helpful factor for heart attacks reduction.
(6) Smoking is harmful to your cardiovascular health. Smoking also clogs your arteries and in the process, raises the blood pressure in those clogged arteries. This condition helps to double the heart attack risk for smokers compared with non-smokers.
Here, I want also discuss one product which is called Medtronic defibrillator that is implanted in heart disease patient’s chest for monitoring the consistency of heart rhythm.
And also its work for restoring the heart to a normal beat by delivering an electronic shock to the heart with its one or two leads and its generally implanted near our shoulder for this functionality.
The leads have been removed from the market after it was discovered that Defective Defibrillator Leads can facture which can cause unnecessary shocks to a heart, or they lead can fail to operate at all.
In 2006, Medtronic defibrillator recall is big news. It's been accompanied by hundreds of news stories, tumbling stock prices and commentaries like the one from ZDNet that likened Medtronic to a Law & Order episode.
This defect and the problems it causes are detailed below, but if you or someone you love has been injured as a result of this device, contact a Medtronic Recall lawyer immediately to schedule a free initial consultation.