(2) Nerve impulses to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles (274 km) per hour.
(3) The thyroid cartilage is more commonly known as the adams apple.
(4) The only jointless bone in your body is the hyoid bone in your throat
(5) It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
(6) Your stomach needs to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it would digest itself.
(7) It takes the interaction of 72 different muscles to produce human speech.
(8) The average life of a taste bud is 10 days.
(9) The average cough comes out of your mouth at 60 miles (96.5 km) per hour.
(10) Relative to size, the strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
(11) Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
(12) When you sneeze, all your bodily functions stop even your heart.
(13) Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
(14) Children grow faster in the springtime.
(15) It takes the stomach an hour to break down cow milk.
(16) Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
(17) Blondes have more hair than dark-haired people do.
(18) There are 10 human body parts that are only 3 letters long (eye hip arm leg ear toe jaw rib lip gum).
(19) If you go blind in one eye you only lose about one fifth of your vision but all your sense of depth.
(20) The average human head weighs about 8 pounds.
(21) Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
(22) In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.
(23) An average human scalp has 100,000 hairs.
(24) The length of the finger dictates how fast the fingernail grows. Therefore, the nail on your middle finger grows the fastest, and on average, your toenails grow twice as slow as your fingernails.
(25) The average human blinks their eyes 6,205,000 times each year.
(26) The entire length of all the eyelashes shed by a human in their life is over 98 feet (30 m).
(27) Your skull is made up of 29 different bones.
(28) Your ears and nose continue to grow throughout your entire life.
(29)After you die, your body starts to dry out creating the illusion that your hair and nails are still growing after death.
(30) Hair is made from the same substance as fingernails.
(31) The average surface of the human intestine is 656 square feet (200 m).
(32) A healthy adult can draw in about 200 to 300 cubic inches (3.3 to 4.9 liters) of air at a single breath, but at rest only about 5% of this volume is used.
(33) The surface of the human skin is 6.5 square feet (2m).
(34)15 million blood cells are destroyed in the human body every second.
(35) The pancreas produces Insulin.
(36) The most sensitive cluster of nerves is at the base of the spine.
(37) The human body is comprised of 80% water.
(38) The average human will shed 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime.
(39) Every year about 98% of the atoms in your body are replaced.
(40) The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet (9 m).
(41) You were born with 300 bones. When you get to be an adult, you have 206.
(42) Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.
(43) Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.
(44) There are 45 miles (72 km) of nerves in the skin of a human being.
(45) The average human heart will beat 3,000 million times in its lifetime and pump 48 million gallons of blood.
(46) Each square inch (2.5 cm) of human skin consists of 20 feet (6 m) of blood vessels.
(47) During a 24-hour period, the average human will breathe 23,040 times.
(48) Human blood travels 60,000 miles (96,540 km) per day on its journey through the body.